Thread: PHP help (I'm not a programmer)

Thanks

Question PHP help (I'm not a programmer)

I'm about ready to launch my site but I need a simple script (Simple to PHP programmers) to let members change their profile settings, display name, email and password. There is no profile page so I'm going to put this in popup form in thickbox. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

$db_settings = array();
    $db_settings['host'] = 'localhost'; // mysql database host
    $db_settings['user'] = 'mysql_database_username'; // mysql database username
    $db_settings['password'] = 'database_password'; // mysql database password
    $db_settings['name'] = 'database_name'; // mysql database name

Users table
    user_id
    Members can edit:
    name
    pass (not incripted)
    email

New display name (name)

Old Password
    New Password
    Re-type New Password

Thanks
    Blog Entries

This is something that's "simple" only in the sense that the desired functionality is fairly straightforward. The coding is not excessively complex, either, but it is very involved.

You'll need a lot of functions to connect and interface with the database, handle the user profile page, validate and perform all the various actions, handle errors and security issues, and so forth - and, they all have to integrate with each other and the rest of the site.

It is quite a bit of work. If the software you're using for your site doesn't include anything that could handle this, it would definitely be worth your while to look into hiring a programmer to handle it.

Thanks

Sounds like he needs a fair amount of javascript as well. Why not use a form within the user control panel to make the changes? The user control panel being the one that you have created for the users. That would not be all that involved. I know very little javascript though, so I am not sure what the difference in difficulty is between the two.
    To choose the lesser of two evils is still to choose evil. My personal site