Advanced Search

Thread: php mail function in ubuntu

Thanks

Default php mail function in ubuntu

Hi All,

I was using mail function in windows it was working fine with the code i wrote. Now i shifted to UBUNTU. But that code is not able to send mail here.I installed sendmail but there is no result. here is errors it is giving in /var/www/root when i tried to send mail

From root@xxxxx-desktop Sat Nov 20 14:36:02 2010
    Return-Path: <root@xxxxx-desktop>
    Received: from xxxxx-desktop (localhost [127.0.0.1])
    by xxxxx (8.14.3/8.14.3/Debian-9.1ubuntu1) with ESMTP id oAK961mF010585
    for <root@xxxxx-desktop>; Sat, 20 Nov 2010 14:36:01 +0530
    Received: (from root@localhost)
    by xxxxx-desktop (8.14.3/8.14.3/Submit) id oAK961Yf010475
    for root; Sat, 20 Nov 2010 14:36:01 +0530
    Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 14:36:01 +0530
    Message-Id: <201011200906.oAK961Yf010475@xxxxx-desktop>
    To: root@xxxxx-desktop
    Subject: Cron <root@xxxxx-desktop> [ -d /usr/share/dtc/admin ] && cd /usr/share/dtc/admin && /usr/bin/php /usr/share/dtc/admin/stat_total_active_prods.php 2>&1 >> /var/log/dtc.log
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ANSI_X3.4-1968
    X-Cron-Env: <SHELL=/bin/sh>
    X-Cron-Env: <HOME=/root>
    X-Cron-Env: <PATH=/usr/bin:/bin>
    X-Cron-Env: <LOGNAME=root>

PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/mcrypt.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: require(../shared/mysql_config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/dtc/shared/autoSQLconfig.php on line 109
    PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '../shared/mysql_config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/dtc/shared/autoSQLconfig.php on line 109

this is my code from PHP mail

Iam getting all the values for DB.

$To =$var['email'];

$Subject = "EDIT YOUR POST";

$Reply = "$var[email]";

$From= "abc.com";

$Body="";

if(mail($To,$Subject,$Body,"From:$From\r\nReply-to: $From\r\nContent-type: text/html; charset=us-ascii"))
    {

echo"message is sent";
    header("Location:reg.php");
    exit();
    }

When i submit my form page is displaying "Message is sent" but no redirecting to reg.php or no mail is thr in my gmail

Thanks

Do you know what these errors are? I'm assuming you also have switched from PHP4 on windows TO PHP5 on ubuntu. Going from 4 to 5 should be fine but if you plan to go back at some point it could be tricky.

On to the errors for the first one

PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/mcrypt.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
    use
    //single line comment
    or
    /* multi line comment*/
    To the error messages...
    PHP Warning: require(../shared/mysql_config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/dtc/shared/autoSQLconfig.php on line 109
    Check your file location and permissions.

PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '../shared/mysql_config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/dtc/shared/autoSQLconfig.php on line 109
    Are you requiring the same code twice? This isn't necessary because it will already be present after the first require.

If you are using any values in the config file this could be the reason for it not sending.
    Corrections to my coding/thoughts welcome.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

are you using normal ubuntu or the server edition?

the desktop/netbook versions have lots of file permissions restrictions (basically everything outside of your home/ folder is going to be untouchable by default). If you don't know much about chmod and terminal commands (etc.), be careful so you don't mix anything up.
    We Only Torture the Folks We Don't Like (You're Probably Gonna Be Okay)
    It's a Party in the CIA

Thanks

Iam using desktop edition

Thanks
    Blog Entries

lampp or did you install everything separately?

I'm assuming it's the reg.php that is encountering the require() error; and you aren't seeing the page because the script dies there. I wouldn't know for sure, however, without seeing your code.

(BTW, you're getting the error twice because the first time is a warning, and the second is the fatal error. And is there a reason you're using "../shared/" when you're already in the shared/ directory?)

Are you sure the file /usr/share/dtc/shared/mysql_config.php exists? If so, double-check the file permissions.

As for the localhost not actually sending mail, that could be for any number of reasons, and I don't think I'd be qualified to sort them out.
    It's a Party in the CIA

Thanks

No there is no file with mysql_config.php in the shared folder. Should i manually create or is thr any other way to get it

When i tried to create mysql_config.php manually and tried to run the script once again. It gave me this error

PHP Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /usr/share/dtc/shared/autoSQLconfig.php on line 22
    Last edited by hemi519; 11-22-2010 at 05:03 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

If you have PHP scripts that use the hash sign ( # ) for comments, it's probably a pretty old script.

You should not simply create a file named "mysql_config.php" - that would solve the require() error, but I would assume that that file is supposed to contain database configuration settings, so it will cause other problems if you don't know what they're supposed to be.

You're being denied access to your database, so I would assume that mysql_config.php holds (at least) the connection info and credentials ("root@localhost" with no password is the default options for mysql_connect()).
    It's a Party in the CIA