Thread: Expand/close through image suffix for Accordion header hyperlinks

Thanks

Default Expand/close through image suffix for Accordion header hyperlinks

1) Script Title: Accordion Content script (v1.9)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...daccordion.htm

3) Describe problem:
    In order to make the Accordion headers work as hyperlinks, I've set revealtype=clickgo. But now I can't manage to simply expand/close the content through the suffix image: this image shouldn't work as hyperlink too.
    In other words, I would like that:
    - clicking on the headers makes the content expand and then go to the link (as it already makes);
    - clicking on the image suffix makes only expand/close the content of the headers, without going to the link.
    All this for the body (not for the menus on the right) of the page http://www.sba.unifi.it/CMpro-v-p-1.html
    Last edited by urbini; 11-16-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

Try the below modified .js file, which stops the header from actually navigating to a URL upon expanding when the element clicked on within the header is an image.
    DD Admin

Thanks

Ok, it works! (tested with Firefox 3.6, Opera 9, Google Chrome 6, IE6)
    But I submit you another "bug": the header hyperlinks don't open in a new window as set through the target="_blank" attribute.
    Thanks for now

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

But I submit you another "bug": the header hyperlinks don't open in a new window as set through the target="_blank" attribute.
    There's no easy way for the header links to open in a new window when revealtype is set to clickgo unfortunately. That's because in this case the script uses JavaScript to redirect the user to the destination URL- trying to open a new window for this in JavaScript triggers the pop up blocker built into many browsers, such as FF and IE.
    DD Admin