Thread: How hard would it be to make this sliding script FADE instead?

Thanks

Default How hard would it be to make this sliding script FADE instead?

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...epcarousel.htm

My site design has everything centered on screen, with no finite borders other than the viewport. So sliding doesn't work for me.

However, I need a script that can rotate DIVs (and whatever they may contain) without MOVING the divs... and instead, by fading from one to the next.

This seems to do what I need it to do, except it slides. How hard would it be to make it fade instead?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks

Thanks, but that appears to be strictly an image gallery, and whatever live text it's handling is very specifically formatted. I'm looking for something more free-form than that.

Something that will display div#1, then on a timer fade into div#2... regardless of how big div#2 is, what kind of content it has, or where it's positioned on the screen.

These divs will be fixed-position and centered on screen, containing live text, foreground images and even background images (on the div itself).
    Last edited by jyeager; 11-02-2010 at 03:55 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks

That is actually a pretty good suggestion. My first question is with regards to the fact that it can load content via AJAX.

The demo shows the script calling ALL the divs from the same external file, which kinda makes the whole thing moot. The idea of using AJAX to load content is to NOT have to load all the content at once. Say I have 100 divs... it could load each as it gets to it.

Is there any way to make this thing do that? Does it already?

(I am referring to http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tentslider.htm)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Huh? I think all the divs load at the same time if you were to use ajax to bring it in. I dont know how to make it like you want it... I'm not that great with ajax :/
    Jeremy | jfein.net