Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I open my local 'My Documents' folder from a flash button link?

Thanks

ah, i get it. I just think to prank some joke to my friend, hehe.
    So back to the question, i don't understand why he use flash instead of java / VB6, the desktop programming. I think it's more simple than flash??
    Is there any reasons for senior programmer to choose, flash / web programming instead java / Visual basic.

David Demetrius // davejob

Thanks
    Thanked 3,421 Times in 3,382 Posts
    Blog Entries

It depends. If you are running these on the client side, Flash is the way to go. It has the widest installed base. If on the other hand everything you are doing is server side, one of the other two, or whatever you are most comfortable with would be far better choices because to do Flash on the server side would probably require a Windows server and interfacing with its browser as a PHP or other server side language's COM object, which can get messy. I'd expect that adding in Flash to the mix could present extra difficulties. With a compiled application in C or whatever, you could use PHP's exec() (or equivalent for other server side languages) on any platform.

As to surprising your friend, if s/he has an older system and hasn't kept their browser and Flash updated, there may still be exploits you could employ. One that might work with any setup though is tricking them into approving the 'attack'.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

hmm, that's make sense.. Thx you

David Demetrius // davejob