Thread: anylink drop down menu

Thanks

Default anylink drop down menu

i put the code in and checked it so many times.. but i still can't figure out what's wrong.
    this is the url:
    http://lily.davidkicksass.com/welcome.php
    can someone please help me?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Your use of the window.open() method for one of the menu elements in menu5 is OK but, single quotes (') used within the element's definition, which is already delimited using single quotes, need to be escaped. Otherwise you get what you have now, a script that doesn't know where you intend one of its array elements to end. Not really a factor is the incorrect syntax of the href and target attributes but, I've corrected that too. In other words, change this:

Code:
    menu5[3]='<a href="ex/pluggie.php target=_blank" onclick="window.open('ex/pluggie.php','Pluggie','resizable=yes,status=yes,scrollbars=yes,width=320,height=400'); return false;">Pluggie</a><br />'
    to (additions red):

Code:
    menu5[3]='<a href="ex/pluggie.php" "target=_blank" onclick="window.open(\'ex/pluggie.php\',\'Pluggie\',\'resizable=yes,status=yes,scrollbars=yes,width=320,height=400\'); return false;">Pluggie</a><br />'
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Default it works

thank you! it worked