Thread: Continuous Reel Slideshow - Stop at Last Image?

Thanks

Wink Continuous Reel Slideshow - Stop at Last Image?

1) Script Title: Continuous Reel Slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...lslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: Does anyone have the coding to make the slideshow stop at the last image when the show is in 'manual' mode? I see there is code to stop the cycling after a certain number when in 'auto' mode, but what if I am using the back/forth buttons. I would like it not to continuously allow me to go through each image a thousand times, but stop at the last one.

Even better would be some sort of count down too, if someone knows how to do that too. It would be a great addition to this script!

Thanks

Can anyone help with this? At least does anyone know how to make this stop at the last slide?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

If all you need is to prevent the "next" button when clicked on to stop at the very last slide, try finding the below line inside the .js file, and add to it the following 2 lines in red:

Code:
    		clearTimeout(this.rotatetimer)
    		if (keyword=="forth" && this.curslide==this.$imageslides.length-1)
    			return
    DD Admin

Thanks

That is perfect! That is what I was trying to accomplished.

Where should I edit to do the same thing for the previous button?

It is possible to make the continue button turn grey or disappear at the end?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Sure, try the following modified .js file then, which disables the "back" and "forth" pagination link from working when the user is at the beginning and end of the gallery, respectively. It also hides one of these two links accordingly. In order for the hiding to work, you should give your "back" link a CSS class of "wrapperidback", and the "forth" link a class of "wrapperforth", where "wrapperid" is the ID value of your DIV containing the gallery.

For example:

Code:
    <a class="myreelback" href="javascript:firstreel.navigate('back')" style="margin-right:200px;">back</a>  <a class="myreelforth" href="javascript:firstreel.navigate('forth')">forth</a>
    DD Admin

Thanks

That worked great! You should probably post this entire modified version on the website. It is most beneficial.

Thanks

How do you get the slideshow to do just one auto cycle of images and stop on the last one.

I have 8 slides, the last one being a statement. I have set cycles to 1 but the slideshow goes back to slide number 1 and then stops. I want it to stop on slide 8.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Please post a new thread for this question.
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie