Advanced Search

Thread: Controlling table spacing/padding in rows and columns

Thanks

Default Controlling table spacing/padding in rows and columns

So I have a really, really annoying issue. When my table loads on my webpage, the table looks the way I want it to with consistent padding throughout. I used the cellpadding and cellspacing as well to make sure the table behaves as I want it to.

However, when I load it on Firefox, the spacing between rows is larger. It doesn't do this for any other browser except firefox. Each cell has just a single image in them, but I noticed that when I assign a link to the image, the spacing under that cell increases.

It seems like I have to override something the browser is doing, but I tried to use cellpadding and cellspacing and it isn't working. What should I do?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You could try zeroing the padding and margin on the images and anchor tags in your table.

Something like this in your CSS/stylesheet.

Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    td img, td a { margin:0; padding:0 }
    </style>
    Check your other CSS too - there may be something else that's adding margins/padding that you've not accounted for.
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org