Thread: Ultimate Fade In Slideshow v2.0 and Lightbox - twice higher number of pictures

Thanks

Default Ultimate Fade In Slideshow v2.0 and Lightbox - twice higher number of pictures

1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade In Slideshow v2.0

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: Hi, I am using Ultimate Fade in Slideshow with Lightbox on several sites and I found one little problem. For example I have 2 pictures in a gallery but when I click on a picture and Lightbox gets opened, it shows: Picture: 1 of 4. Its still the same, when I got 100 pictures in a gallery and open Lightbox, it shows there is 200 pictures. Does anyone know why is that and how to fix it?

Thanks a lot!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

The slide show makes two of each image. That's its way of fading one in while fading the other out. It doesn't strictly have to, it's just the way it was designed.

Lightbox is supposed to have a routine that remove duplicate images from the next/previous chain. In some versions of Lightbox, this is broken.

What version of Lightbox are you using?
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thank you! Interesting.. (I supposed so..)

I'm using this:
    // Lightbox v2.04
    // Last Modification: 2/9/08

So I guess I should download the latest version and everything will be ok?..

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's (as far as I know) the latest official version. I made a mod of it that fixes this problem, see:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...470#post163470

Just replace your lightbox.js file with this one (right click and 'save as'):

http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/s...js/lightbox.js
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thanks John!
    I just had to edit it, cause I have an extra line under the picture in Lightbox with the name of Author.

So now it's like this:
    HTML Code:
            // if caption is not null - commented to remove empty caption persistence bug
            if (this.imageArray[this.activeImage][1] != ""){
    			this.caption.update(this.imageArray[this.activeImage][1] + '<BR>Autor:  ' + this.imageArray2[this.activeImage][1]).show();
            }
    I use another array where is the author who I get from anchor.name

Now it works fine at all.

Thanks again.