Advanced Search

Thread: Script that will load winner page for first person to enter the correct code

Thanks

Default Script that will load winner page for first person to enter the correct code

1) I need a script that will load an html page once only, IF the correct keycodes are entered. This is similar to the Konami code BUT I need a conditionally execution. ONCE the correct keycode has been found by ONE person, the script will no longer work and an alternate page will load. This means ONCE for the first person finding the sequence, not once per user. Think of it as a competition where there is only one winner.

For instance - using Konami.js from http://www.snaptortoise.com/konami-js (code way off, I'm not a js person, but just to give you idea ...)
    <script type="text/javascript" src="konami.js"></script>
    ** IF konami condition met by one person only
    ** konami.load("first.html")
    ** Else
    ** konami.load("toolate.html")
    ** endif

It may require js/php, but want to keep it as simple as possible. No fancy scripting - just something robust and working.

2) Payment will be made via PAYPAL ($20 or you quote) - as soon as code tested (IE8, Firefox & Safari).

If you need more details just ask. Need this quick! Thanks.

Thanks

I should be able to write this for you very quickly, but there is one complication:
    Do you want this to always load for the first user or only the first time?
    It will be easy to do it the first time and a little more complex to load the page repeatedly for that same user.

Also, this will need to be PHP or a serverside language because Javascript can't save anything-- it won't know if someone else has already won. (Additionally, JS isn't secure, but PHP will be, so no one can cheat).

Contact me through the link on my signature and I can do this for you quickly, for the price you quoted. But let me know if it is required that the user can reload/revisit the page after he has won.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Sent reply via you CI contact page but not sure msg sent as disappeared before numeric captcha sequence fully initiated. If you haven't got reply, let me know... Cheers!

Thanks

I've received it and replied. Let me know if you don't receive it.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum