Thread: updating with microsoft word and excel

Thanks

Default updating with microsoft word and excel

I want to create a cript for a travel agency and I'm asking how I can do a simple administration panel to update the offers with a simple copy\paste from a word/excel document?

Thanks

I think we need some more details of your intentions. Using Excel to make code is just odd in my eyes, excel uses columns to separate things so that won't work to make a string of code or anything code related really. Word would work but I again wouldn't suggest it cause word has a tendency to auto modify typing as you go so the code won't end up they way you typed it. If you're wanting to use a standard free program then use Notepad, another one that a few guys use is ConText and I believe you can tell it what type of code you are making and it will change the colors around to help during coding.

Thanks

ok let's talk just about word:

I want toi create a dynamic website that can be administrated very easy..that means that I want to create or find a script that can link a word document to the web page.For example if I want to change an travel offer to not be necesarry to do with html or php just to modify the word document......

Thanks

No offense, but that is a really bad idea: Microsoft Office is the wrong tool for creating webpages. For example, the code generated will not be good and may display badly in some (all?) browsers.

You can use a Content Management System (CMS) to allow easy administration of a website. I think that might help you.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum