Thread: Menu bar with images - HELP

Thanks

Default Menu bar with images - HELP

Hi, i'm new to this and not too familiar with java. I"m looking for a script that is similar to what www.glamour.com has on their site. When i place my mouse over the bottom menu (number bar ) on the bottom an image appears right above it. kinda like a slideshow i guess. Can anyone refer me to a script or something online that just purchase?

Thank you.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

what bottom menu/number bar? I dont see anything fitting that description.

Thanks

Hi Beverleyh, thanks for the prompt reply.
    I think what i'm looking for is probably a flash program. where i click on the icon and it displays an image.
    Exactly how www.mint.com has it laid out on their website, where i click on the buttom at the bottom and image appears above ( button on mint.com are "Understand Your Money", "All your accounts in one place", "Set goals and budget" etc)
    i know i'm not doing a good job of explaining this.

Please let me know if you are aware of any online flash program that can do this. Thank you !!!
    Last edited by newbie858; 07-29-2010 at 05:42 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

There may be a location problem here - I looked at the mint website but I couldnt relate it to your examples so I expect I'm being redirected to a UK site which is different (the web address changes to www.mint.com/2/ so I cant actually see what you're talking about)

Screen caps/grabs might help.

It sounds like you're referring to a banner slideshow which displays pics relating to that website's top stories, but there are thumbnails along the bottom which allow you to navigate away to the full article?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

This might be the type of thing you could use: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tabcontent.htm

See demo 3 which rotates automatically but you can still click on the tabs to jump to content in the box below.

So visualise this;
    You style up the tabs as pretty number images.
    You insert your fancy banner pics plus HTML links to featured website pages in the corresponding div-boxs below.
    Outcome = Fancy auto-rotating "features" block with HTML link navigation.

Does that sound about right?
    Last edited by Beverleyh; 07-29-2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: some terminology altered to make more sense

Thanks

Omg thank you Beverleyh, it's exactly what i'm looking for. I will give this a try.

I just went to the mint.com website... it seems that they just changed the layout of the website.

Thanks soo much for your help!