Thread: Google Ads Permission to View Page Details

Thanks

Default Google Ads Permission to View Page Details

I am using some google ads on a page and I receive a Javascript error that the ad page in the iframe (generated via Javascript) is not allowed to access its including page.
    I understand this as a security precaution, but is there a way that I can give permission to the iframe?
    I don't know if this would be through JS or through some tag in my html that would allow it to view the properties.

As it is, it seems like google has some idea what my page is about because the ads are often vaguely targetted toward the correct audience, but other times they aren't relevant. And most importantly, my site will be available in many languages and I would like to let google know via my language info (html tag, etc) what language to display ads in.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? I may do some further research on this as well, but if there's an easy trick, please share. If not, it's functional as is, just not particularly smooth and the constant JS error is annoying.

Some additions:
    1. Here's the error I see:
    Code:
    Security Error: Content at http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/ may not load data from http://www.mysite.com/.
    2. From some searching, I've found that this is a very common problem:
    http://www.google.com/support/forum/...29d34680&hl=en
    3. One of those posts (By "Alex K") pointed to this site:
    http://bookmarks-online.net/link/1313/

And that link looks interesting. But is that actually a real thing? I've never heard of it and I'm not sure how to use it. I tried adding their "allow all" rule to my root, but it didn't change anything, and I don't want to leave it there to preserve security from other sites. Does anyone know about this sort of security exception?

And another edit:
    I just noticed this exact same error occurs on all pages on this forum. Simply go into firefox's error console after visiting a page here.

I'm not under the impression these errors are actually causing any problems, but I'd rather they not be there and also would like google to interact with my pages well rather than missing information.
    Last edited by djr33; 07-13-2010 at 04:02 AM.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hi Daniel:
    I've noticed this error on my pages as well, though I've never looked into a fix for it, since I'm fairly certain it does not affect the relevance of the ads as a result. In other words, even if you did somehow grant the Google domain access to your domain, it wouldn't make much of a difference in that respect. It's not the JavaScript code that crawls your page and affects the relevancy of the ads, but rather, a dedicated Adsense Bot that goes through your pages in advance, similar to Google Bot for Google's search results. The Adsense JavaScript code merely serves ads based on the data fed to it from the Adsense index for that particular page, nothing more, nothing less. If your page is in a different language, the Adsense Bot should have picked that up when it crawled that page. At least that's how I understand the whole process to be.

So in a nutshell, I don't believe fixing the JavaScript error will improve your ads' relevancy.
    DD Admin

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ddadmin For This Useful Post:

djr33 (07-15-2010)

Thanks

Alright, thanks, at least then it's nothing to worry about. I wish google would be polite enough to not put an error on everyone's page, though.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

i think the google not index the pages in which the script or flash is used