Advanced Search

Thread: AnyLink: Extra space appear at the bottom of website

Thanks

Default AnyLink: Extra space appear at the bottom of website

1) Script Title: AnyLink JS Drop Down Menu v2.2

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pmenuindex.htm

3) Describe problem:
    Extra space appear at the bottom of website after code inserted.

Before:

After:

I found another problem when viewing the page by Chrome:
    Last edited by Kylie; 07-22-2010 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Another problem by Chrome

Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 3,097 Posts
    Blog Entries

The demo page here on Dynamic Drive has neither of those problems. Make sure your page has a valid URL DOCTYPE, and that you have followed the installation instructions.

If you want more help:

Please post a link to a page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Hi,
    I used this js today and it's being a very fast and useful solution (thanks a lot to the creator), btw i encountered same problem described in this thread...
    i've managed to resolve it changing:

//document.body.appendChild(menu.dropmenu) //move drop down div to end of page
    //document.body.appendChild(menu.shadow)

with

document.getElementById('contenuti').appendChild(menu.dropmenu) //move drop down div to end of page
    document.getElementById('contenuti').appendChild(menu.shadow)
    Last edited by Kaerdak; 07-23-2010 at 01:30 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaerdak View Post
    Hi,
    I used this js today and it's being a very fast and useful solution (thanks a lot to the creator), btw i encountered same problem described in this thread...
    i've managed to resolve it changing:

//document.body.appendChild(menu.dropmenu) //move drop down div to end of page
    //document.body.appendChild(menu.shadow)

with

document.getElementById('contenuti').appendChild(menu.dropmenu) //move drop down div to end of page
    document.getElementById('contenuti').appendChild(menu.shadow)
    There is no such code in this script. Perhaps you have it confused with another anylink script.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jscheuer1 View Post
    There is no such code in this script. Perhaps you have it confused with another anylink script.
    i've switched to the other version of this script and fixed the problem (present there too) in this way.

AnyLink CSS Menu v2.2

I can't show right now a preview of the website where i used it cause i'm not allowed to do it but with this fix it works cross browser with no problems.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Could you show your modified version of the anylinkcssmenu.js file and any other modifications that you made for the installation of that menu, the AnyLink CSS Menu v2.2?

What follows notwithstanding here, as your information might prove very helpful to Kylie and others.

But, like I say, the demo page:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...anylinkcss.htm

here on Dynamic Drive for that menu shows none of the problems mentioned in the original post in this thread. So there almost must be a way, using a standards compliant web page, and the default install, that will not have these problems.
    - John

Thanks

Hi,

Don't remove or disable the CSS code for the shadow (at the bottom of the CSS file).

Change the shadow color from 'black' (default) to other color that matches your website will fix the problem.