Thread: Permission to use code outside of Terms of Use/Service

Thanks

Red face Permission to use code outside of Terms of Use/Service

1) Script Title: Smooth Navigation Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...smoothmenu.htm

3) Describe problem:

I'm posting because we are trying to add drop-down menu support to our website builder application, Sandvox (on the Mac). *We have been evaluating dozens of javascript-based (and jquery-based) dropdown code libraries, and your*Smooth Navigational Menu code was head-and-shoulders at the top of the list.

I would really like to be able to make use of Smooth Navigational Menu.... However, I would need to get special permission from you because, by including the packages into our website building application, this doesn't fit within the terms of use you have published on your site --- specifically the part that says one can't "-Use our DHTML scripts in any type of service or application whereby our codes are part of the product offerings themselves."

Of course we can put all the usual credits in the HTML we generate, as you have requested. i'm just daunted by the prospect of trying to implement something like what you have already done myself, since there doesn't seem to be anything else out there that's good enough to compromise on.

Can we work something out?

Thanks,
    Dan

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Since you asked so nicely, sure, as long as the original credits are included within the generated HTML for the menu. Good luck!
    DD Admin

Thanks

Talking

That will be *awesome*, thanks. If you're on a Mac, i'll be happy to send you a license to the version -- either what we have now or the new version, or both, so you can see it in action. Drop me a line if you're interested.