Thread: Contact us form

Thanks

Default Contact us form

I am looking for a c&p script for a form that would collect names, email addresses and a text input box.

It needs to have captcha and email me without making the email address useable to spambots.

I believe there is already something like this on DD, but I couldn't find it under my keywords.

Thanks!

Thanks

You're looking for an html form, a serverside "form mailer" (PHP?), and a captcha.

Most designers who are familiar with PHP or another serverside language would probably design this themselves. But you can also search google for something that already exists. You may need to add the captcha yourself.

You can't use a free form mailer in this case because you'd need to verify the captcha.

Since many aspects of this may be specific to your site, it's usually best to design it yourself rather than using a prebuilt system. And at this point there is no such script on dynamic drive. Some sort of contact form script would be a good addition, but due to the variations for different sites, it's hard to create an all-purpose script.

If you need some more help once you figure out some of the details, please respond and we can try to point you in the right direction.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

I was hoping there would be a free c&p code available.

If I don't use captcha, are there other ways to prevent spam?

Thanks

There aren't any ways that are by default attached to most contact forms. So it won't be much easier than using a captcha.

There are several options:

1. Captcha. Best, standard and it actually works well. This blocks spam even if someone tries to write a bot to get around it.

2. Random methods. You can do basically anything even "check this box if you're not a bot" and that will very often work. But it only works until someone wants to spam your page. What this will stop is random bots that crawl the web looking for unsecured forms. If you have literally anything abnormal it will stop that, but not much more.

3. Email verification. If you want a really secure system, you can send a confirmation email to the user then have them click a verification link or enter a code. Then once they confirm their email is real, send their message. This means storing their information in a database, though. Very complex, hard for the user, and not worth the time, probably.

I think the basic answer to your question is that it will be easiest to just spend the time setting up a captcha and a form. It's not incredibly difficult, and it's very useful. There are many "contact form" tutorials-- search google. And there are many free captcha scripts available that are very easy to add to a page. One good one is "recaptcha".
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Dont know if this is what your looking for, but there is a website that has a form builder for you and has captcha on it. its free as well.

www.emailmeform.com

Dont know if ths will help but thought i would suggest it