Thread: Making my prev/next links send me to the top of the page

Thanks

Default Making my prev/next links send me to the top of the page

1) Script Title: Virtual Pagination Script v2.1

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pagination.htm

3) Describe problem: I'm using Demo3 on the the Virtual Pagination Script and it's working fine but for one thing - the pagination bar on the bottom of the page doesn't send me to the top of the prev/next pages, it sends me to the bottom, so I have to scroll up. I'm looking to find out how to tweak the code so that when I click prev/next or any of the page numbers on the bottom bar, it sends me to the top of the relevant page. Can you help?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

There's a couple of threads in the past that discuss this, for example: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=41898
    DD Admin

Thanks

Default Prev/Next links in virtual pagination not sending to top of page

Hi DDADmin,

Thanks for sending me that link. Unfortunately, the recommendations don't seem to be working for me.

What happens is that when I add the code to the function showpage () in the .js file:

var contentArea=document.getElementById(config.divid)
    if (contentArea && contentArea.scrollIntoView)
    document.getElementById(config.divid).scrollIntoView()

... I actually lose all functionality of the pagination - the page numbers no longer appear and the prev/next links don't work. I'm too new to javascript to diagnose why this is happening - bit of a rookie I'm afraid, so I'm rather dependent on experts like yourself. If there's anything you can do to help me, I'd really appreciate it - perhaps there's another thread on this topic, another technique? Or perhaps I could send you the html of my page - it's very straightforward really...

Any help much appreciated...

Thanks!

mrsanj

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

There must be an error in your set up somehow. Try the below modified .js file instead, which adds the necessary code in.
    DD Admin