Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: google issues?

Thanks

Can you duplicate this on an unrelated computer?

But I really have no idea...
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I don't know. I don't have any unrelated computers to try it on. But I can't duplicate it reliably anyway. I haven't figured out any suspected causes; it just happens once in a while (usually on the server terminals I mentioned). When it happened on my home office PC is when I began to suspect that it might not be malware/adware, as I haven't ever shared anything between those systems. But as I said, they could've been infected via a commonly visited website.

Thanks

Ive seen that happen, it doesnt happen to me, but it happens to my boss sat next to me...
    Hes searching on Google, clicks a link, an amazon item or something, like you say, a deep link, then he ends up in a random site, it is very strange. I tell him to go back and try again and it works fine, so Ive always put it down to a click out of place or something. But maybe it is a real issue.

hes running Vista 32bit, IE8 (up to date), Avast and Spybot Search and Destroy have regular scans on there aswell and dont pick anything. It doesnt happen much and im too busy to look further into it, and like you say I cant reproduce the problem.

Maybe Googles trying to get site visits up on crap sites, not like Google to be underhand though... :P

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I seriously doubt that its something Google's doing -at least, on purpose. There's got to be some kind of trojan with a redirect list...

but if so, it's sure well-hidden...

Thanks

I haven't had this problem. I'm on a Mac.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Since this thread was brought back up, I found the problem. The server in question had a trojan that was randomly redirecting search requests. Thanks for your input, everyone.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Joseph: that's kinda off-topic. if you'd like to discuss it, you should start a new thread, maybe in general discussion.

my problem has already been resolved - this thread can be closed.