Advanced Search

Thread: How to add links (bookmarks) to particular pages?

Thanks

Default How to add links (bookmarks) to particular pages?

I'm trying to put together a Web app that has basically three parts. In the first part, I'd like to have a script that would enable me (or any user) to add links (bookmarks, basically) to specific pages.

Suppose, for example, that my site is about major league baseball, and I have a separate page for each major league team. I want to add Boston Red Sox links to the Red Sox page; San Francisco Giants links to the Giants page; and so on.

It would be similar to the kind of "bookmarking" scripts that many blogging services have -- you put the script somewhere on your toolbar; when you come across a site that you like, you just click on the script, maybe add a little text, and the script adds the link to your blog.

How would I go about doing that? I'm hoping there is a script already in existence, but haven't been able to find one.

- - - - -

On edit: The blogging service that I use provides such a script. Here's what it looks like, as near as I can tell:

javascript:var%20b=document.body;
    var%20TYPEPAD___bookmarklet_domain='http://www.typepad.com';
    if(b&&!document.xmlVersion){
    void(z=document.createElement('script'));
    void(z.type='text/javascript');
    void(z.src='http://static.typepad.com/.shared:v55.16:typepad:en_us/js/qp/loader-combined-min.js');
    void(b.appendChild(z));}
    else{
    }

This script does NOT do everything that I would like, in two ways. First, it adds a new post to my blog -- I'd like to add a text-link to an existing page, instead, which is quite different. Second, I'd like to be able to add the link to a specific page - a feature that I haven't personally seen as yet.

Thanks *very* much for any help you can give me.

P.S. I'm quite willing to pay someone to create a script that would do this, if that's what's appropriate.

Last edited by Anne Arbor; 07-08-2010 at 03:09 AM.

Thanks

Wow, 71 views but no replies. Please just tell me - is this the wrong place to ask my question? I'd really like to have an app of the kind described. Does one exist, or should I try to hire someone to make it? Please just point me in the right direction. Many thanks!