Thread: Mouseover on Images

Thanks

Default Mouseover on Images

1) Describe Work Request (be as detailed as possible): I have an image (435x327) that has 15 numbered areas on it, each number is associated to a part of a door, I would like to have the part image appear (average size 135x91) when the user's mouse is over the number on the larger image.

2) Payment methods you support (ie: Paypal, 2checkout etc): Paypal

Thank you in advance!

Thanks

I could probably do this for you. There are some important details, though:
    1. You need to decide between Javascript/HTML/CSS or Flash. Flash will be more specialized (more expensive, harder to change later), and HTML will give you less control but it may still work out as you want if you can be a little flexible.
    2. When you want the part to "appear" do you want this to replace the image underneath or display somewhere else? Is this a 15-part rollover (changing image), or just a rollover menu that generates an image somewhere else on the page?
    Finally, whatever method you choose will not be compatible with all browsers. Flash may be the most compatible but of course that requires that the user has flash so it will never work on the iphone, for example, and doing this in HTML requires an image map which is fairly well supported by not available in some older browsers. It also requires Javascript and a strong internet connection to load all of the images. A purely Javascript version (without an image map) may be possible as well, though I think it would be harder to setup.

The approach I can take would be using an image map and then making the images appear as needed (either replacing the main image or somewhere else). If you want flash or a Javascript-only (no image map) solution, then you'll do better working with someone else.

Let me know.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

If you want a javascript-only solution, I would highly recommend jQuery.
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks

Hi pbuckley.
    I can do this for you in HTML/Javascript. How quick do you need this ?