Thread: Mysterious "white dots" in IE - Fade Slideshow V2

Thanks

Default Mysterious "white dots" in IE - Fade Slideshow V2

1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade In Slideshow v2.0

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: Not sure if anyone can help me with this, but I figured I'd give it a try.

http://www.numberwonaccountants.com/beta/index.asp

View it in Firefox, the 5 fadeshow images look fine. View it in IE, the 3rd and 5th images have white dots on them that are NOT seen in Firefox. I've tried saving the images at different quality (even 100% will take away SOME of the dots, not all), reloading the pictures from Shutterstock, downloading higher quality images for poops and giggles...

Anyone ever seen anything like this before?

Thanks...

Thanks

Nevermind! Apparently they want this launched sooner than later... might be something up with the images, because when I replace them with different ones, they're fine... weird.

Thx anyway.

Thanks

I have seen strange white dots in IE before with this slideshow. Right now I can't really see them on your page ( IE8). Not really sure why they appear but I think someone said that it has to do with the alpha image loader filter. However, the first thing I would try would be to save the image in png instead of jpeg and see how that looks

Thanks

I'm seeing this same problem in IE8 but not IE9. I'm using the Ultimate Fade-in Slideshow:

http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex...nslideshow.htm

Any ideas on what I can do to correct this? I'm seeing this with both JPEG and PNG versions of the image in question. Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and Safari all show the image perfectly.

Thanks!

Peace...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,193 Times in 3,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Shouldn't happen with PNG, unless perhaps the .png image uses alpha channel opacity. But it's a common problem in IE when fading .jpg images that have any 100% black pixels in them.

You can edit the image in a good image editing program like PhotoShop, Paint Shop, The Gimp . . .

Do like:

Colors > Adjust > Levels

Use the RGB channel and (using the slider or just typing in the number) adjust the output 0 level to like 3, or 7, no more than 9. Some trial and error may be involved.

If you want more help:

Please post a link to a page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate