Thread: Need freeware multiple-IP-camera DVR software for Windows

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Need freeware multiple-IP-camera DVR software for Windows

I've been searching for the last 2 hours for a free Windows program that can accept inputs from multiple network/IP cameras and save ALL of them simultaneously to a hard drive, in high-quality compressed 24-hour chunks. It would be nice if it had a built-in HTTP server so that the recordings (including a live stream and earlier video in the 24-hour chunk that is still recording) can be remotely accessed from a private IP address and/or set domain name. Any ideas? (I volunteer as the technical manager for my local non-profit animal shelter, and they need a surveillance system. I've already figured out how to get IP cameras to transmit video over their 802.11n network, from remote locations across four different buildings.)
    ....(o_ Penguins
    .---/(o_- techno_racing
    +(---//\-' in
    .+(_)--(_)' The McMurdo 500

Thanks

Do you want those features or do you want it to be free? That's a very specific and very complex system, and if you find it for a reasonably low price that will be surprising.

You could design this yourself using flash (among other things) perhaps, but it wouldn't be easy.

This isn't some basic functionality, so there's no reason it would be available as freeware.

Maybe you could find something that has a free trial, but honestly you should be happy if you find any software that has all of those features, regardless of price.

If you want freeware, you'll need to really scale back your requirements: probably just that it works with a single webcam and is stable in real-time.

Of course you could just use a video editing application to put this all together later, and there are a number of free video editors out there, and some are even pretty good. But this won't be realtime. Maybe if you get lucky you could run from the command line (I vaguely recall there might be one like this, but I don't remember what) and you could automate the process.

From what I can tell you need a security system, so it's going to cost a lot. It's possible, but not simple and unfortunately likely very expensive...
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I've found some for about $60; I settled on a $90 package, and bumped After Effects off the software list. Plus, of course, the $80-each wireless cameras and dedicated computer. The system totaled just shy of $500. I was just wondering if there were any equivalent free package available.
    ....(o_ Penguins
    .---/(o_- techno_racing
    +(---//\-' in
    .+(_)--(_)' The McMurdo 500