Thread: Mysqli vs Mysql and CMS

Thanks

Default Mysqli vs Mysql and CMS

Hi I'm a newbie

My web host only runs MySQL 3.23.58 can I use Mysqli? I want to build my own simple CMS can anyone recommend good books or websites for building simple PHP/Mysql database CMS?

Thanks

http://php-mysql-tutorial.com

Click view all, then start from the last page at the bottom (they're in reverse order).

I believe that mysqli is just a component of PHP that works with any MySQL database-- so, yes, this will probably work with your system. There's no harm in trying.

As for mysqli "versus" mysql, I suggest reading a bit (just look around google). Basically they're the same thing and work in mostly identical ways, except that mysqli is "improved" in a few ways or at least it's said to be. There's no harm in using it (except that it's not as common as mysql), though many/most? designers still use mysql, perhaps just by habit.

Note: I have deleted your other duplicate post-- please only post a question once.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

thank you for the info