Thread: Flex Level Drop Down Menu IE7 IE8 problem

Thanks

Default Flex Level Drop Down Menu IE7 IE8 problem

1) Script Title: Flex Level Drop Down Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...exdropdown.htm

3) Describe problem: This menu script works beautifully in Firefox, and if you have only one level of Sub Items it works reasonably well in IE7 and IE8, but when you have another sublevel (say Sub Item 5.2.1a) things get weird in IE. As you mouse down the top level of the drop down menu, in IE the first sublevel of the menu item pops out, showing a blank box with 4-5 lines. As you go over this first sublevel again it works properly, but this occurs every time the page is loaded anew.

In this page: http://www.crittersandall.com/aboutus-drop8.html when you mouse over the Products button after the page loads, the Item Folder 5 a is the one that is causing the problem. At present I am just using the terminology used in your tutorial, but I have the same problem when I replace it with my links as in http://www.crittersandall.com/aboutus-drop4.html

I would really love to use more than two sublevels of menu, but if this cannot be remedied, I will probably just have to use the two menu levels as I have for two of the others on the Products drop down menu. Can you see what I am doing wrong? I have been working on this for 2 days and am blind to my error. As far as I am aware, this problem is only occurring in IE.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

First thing above all else- try giving your page a valid doctype at the very top, by replacing:

Code:
    <html>
    with:

Code:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML>
    DD Admin

Thanks

Replacing? Don't you mean adding?
    <!DOCTYPE HTML>
    <html>
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Wonderful! It works perfectly in IE8, have to ask someone else to check IE7, but thank you so much!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by djr33 View Post
    Replacing? Don't you mean adding?
    <!DOCTYPE HTML>
    <html>
    Hehe yes you're right.
    DD Admin

Thanks

Default Flex Level Drop Down Menu--IE8

Hi. I have the code inside a table cell and have one level configured.
    IE 8 doesn't display the drop-down menu at all (even though I chose to allow blocked content), and it also makes the 2 table cells that come after the configured one disappear. FireFox and Chrome are fine.

I also can't get the background color in the cell with the code to be different from the background color on the parent cell.

Any help for me? Thanks.

Thanks

Cool Flex Level Drop Down Menu--background color change

I fixed everything except the getting the background color of the flex menu items to change. I tried changing it in the css file but it's retaining the background color of the parent. Any ideas?