Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: New PHP coding website. Want to join in?

Thanks

Default BBCODE Explaination

Here is the format for the custom bbcode used on sharedPHP:
    [zip]text in link[/zip] If you uploaded any additional files with you post, this will create a link to the zip file containing them. Note that this is not required if you uploaded files. A link at the bottom of the page will appear regardless.
    ----------------
    [box]text inside box [/box] creates a box using the common UI seen throughout the site. Useful for warnings or special notes. (Please double slash your slashes here as it is necessary for the script to function.)
    ----------------
    [wizard] form code [/wizard] creates an auto-generator form for users to customize their code with. Surround all bbcode below here with [wizard].
    ----------------
    [text="name of input"] Label for text field [/text] creates a text field for use inside [wizard][/wizard].
    ----------------
    [textbox="name of input"]Label for text area[/textbox] creates a text area for use inside [wizard][/wizard]
    ----------------
    [display="name of input value to show"]Default value[/display] is by far the most important bbcode in use. Set the same name as a text field and upon submission it will replace the default value. See the example below:
    Your code:
    Code:
    $email="enter@youremail.here";
    would be changed to
    Code:
    [wizard][text="email"]Your Email Address:[/text][/wizard]
    $email="[display="email"]enter@youremail.here[/display]";
    (Of course you would surround the php code in php tags)
    This ensures that impulse copy\paste-ers will still get valid code whilst people who wish to customize before copying are thankful for making their life easier.
    There are a few examples of this usage throughout the site already and I suggest you taking a look at it.
    ----------------
    Other BBcode includes: B,I,U,PHP,ICODE,SIZE="x",COLOR="x". I will add more and perhaps modify the above coding in the future, so stay tuned!
    Last edited by fileserverdirect; 12-29-2010 at 07:56 PM.
    -Ben -- THE DYNAMIC DRIVERS
    My Links: My DD Profile||My Youtube Video Tutorials||DD Helping Coders||DD Coders In Training
    I told my client to press F5, the client pressed F, then 5, *facepalm*

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fileserverdirect For This Useful Post:

socialcharlotte (01-02-2011)

Thanks

SHARED PHP HAS A TWITTER!
    The main reason I have done this is to provide quick little news updates about the site, maybe even feature some scripts or whatnot. Also, Nile has joined and already submitted a few scripts. I strongly suggest you guys join at http://sharedphp.com/join ! Even if you don't submit scripts right away. For example I was scouring through my code and I found a handy snippet. In 15 minutes I turned it into a great little post: http://www.sharedphp.com/snippet/Auto_Array_Flip
    Now, I'm not expecting any of you to do this, but I also spent an afternoon and developed this full script: http://www.sharedphp.com/script/Image_Tracker_v1
    I hope this will allow you to see the difference between the scripts and snippets section.
    ---
    If you are new to this thread or viewing it for the first time, I suggest you check out http://sharedphp.com which is a result of this thread's 140+ posts!
    -Ben -- THE DYNAMIC DRIVERS
    My Links: My DD Profile||My Youtube Video Tutorials||DD Helping Coders||DD Coders In Training
    I told my client to press F5, the client pressed F, then 5, *facepalm*