Thread: error caused from xml content

Thanks

Default error caused from xml content

If for some reason a " " gets into my xml document (from me accidently hitting the space bar twice or something), when I load the xml onto my web page I get an error that the parser does not know what “&nbsp” is (notice it does not add the “;” even though it is in the xml document with the rest of the space tag)

Thanks

It may be somehow messy in the document so that the parser is reading it in the wrong way, or the parser may not handle entities. XML is not XHTML: it's just like a text-file database format, that in some cases happens to be XHTML. But perhaps the parser isn't designed to handle the HTML aspects.
    Also, it might just be displaying &nbsp and really be referring to  , but we can't really know that.
    I don't see a clear reason for this to happen, but I'd suggest not using entities like that and instead escaping them after you load the XML.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djr33 View Post
    I don't see a clear reason for this to happen, but I'd suggest not using entities like that and instead escaping them after you load the XML.
    how would you excape them after loading the xml?

Thanks

Loop through the data.
    As has been said before, this would all be easier using a database. It's possible in XML, but little problems like this are going to be a lot more difficult to handle.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum