Thread: how can I insert an image that will disappear immediately after a flash file loaded ?

Thanks

Default how can I insert an image that will disappear immediately after a flash file loaded ?

I have a flash file embedded in my website. Since it takes a bit of time to load, I like to add an animated "loading" image to keep my visitors waiting. The "loading" image should disappear as soon as the flash starts playing.

what is the necessary code, please ?

Thanks

You can make your own loading gif here for example. Then put it as a background image behind your flash and center it with
    background-position:center;
    I think that might work !

3. The Following User Says Thank You to azoomer For This Useful Post:

soumitraroyjoy (06-13-2010)

Thanks

Alternatively you can include the loading image within the flash file itself, even adding a progress bar. Then as a second step load the (external) data for the rest of the file. This is how large flash objects are created, when it's over 1mb, etc.
    That's a little more direct, if you can edit the flash in this way.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

5. The Following User Says Thank You to djr33 For This Useful Post:

soumitraroyjoy (06-13-2010)

Thanks

@ azoomer
    i m sorry, the backgrounding technique does not solve it out
    can u tell me any other way ?
    thanking u
    Last edited by soumitraroyjoy; 06-13-2010 at 07:50 PM.

Thanks

@djr33
    yes, i can edit that flash file, but adding an extra image will only make the file size bigger, isn't that ? i want the loading image to show as soon as the relevant page is opened

Or probably i didn't get ur point, would u please elaborate ?
    thanking u

Thanks

soumitraroyjoy ! Do you have a link to your page ? If you have the .fla file you could try what Daniel suggests. That would probably look more professional, but it takes quite a bit of skill to pull it off in flash though.

Thanks

You create a new flash file. It contains only two things:
    1. a loading image (displayed)
    2. code to import/load the 'real' content

Then you move all of your current content to a new file, something that you can "import" into flash.

Technically it would make it 'bigger', but it would load faster: first it loads the loading image, then it starts to load the other content. It would be no 'bigger' than using the image in HTML then loading the flash file (and it would be basically the same time to load).

I don't know how to do this, but I know that it can be done. I would search google, or maybe find a dedicated flash forum. This flash forum is helpful, but it's more helpful when you are trying to use flash AND html, not just complex/technical questions about using flash.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

10. The Following User Says Thank You to djr33 For This Useful Post:

soumitraroyjoy (06-14-2010)