Thread: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow - need click event to restart slideshow

Thanks

Default Ultimate Fade-in slideshow - need click event to restart slideshow

1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.1)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: I am using the slideshow in auto mode so that users can see it changing and then mouse over it to pause it. If they then click, I open a new browser window to display the content in. BUT, when they close that window and return to the original browser the slideshow is still paused because it never got a mouseout. So unless the user thinks to put their mouse over the slideshow and then move it out again the slideshow will not start working again.

Is there a way to add the click event so that when clicked the slideshow starts moving again?

UPDATE: The problem I describe above occurs when using the Safari/Webkit browser. I just checked this and it seems to work as I requested in IE and Firefox.
    Last edited by Webster; 06-02-2010 at 06:52 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hmm I don't get that behavior in Safari (4.0 for Windows) actually. As with other browsers, the slideshow doesn't stay at the same slide when it's clicked on and a new page is loaded into a new window. Is this a Mac issue?
    DD Admin

Thanks

I can confirm that this does work in Firefox (Mac), but does NOT work in Safari (4 for Mac).

A right click menu or new-window link shifts focus to the new item without a mouseout for the image/slideshow.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks for that Daniel. Ok then, inside the .js file, try finding the below line, and add it to the line in red:
    Code:
    		setting.$wrapperdiv.bind('mouseleave', function(){setting.ismouseover=false})
    		setting.$wrapperdiv.bind('click', function(){setting.ismouseover=false})
    DD Admin

Thanks

Thanks to ddadmin for that fix and to djr33 for helping confirm/define the issue!!!

BTW, to complete this patch, if you are using the caption on demand I think you should add this to this section as well,

Code:
    else{ //display desc panel on demand (mouseover)
       setting.$wrapperdiv.bind('mouseenter', function(){slideshow.showhidedescpanel('show')})
       setting.$wrapperdiv.bind('mouseleave', function(){slideshow.showhidedescpanel('hide')})
       setting.$wrapperdiv.bind('click', function(){slideshow.showhidedescpanel('hide')})
    is that correct?