Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chrome OK IE Not

Thanks

Default Chrome OK IE Not

1) Script Title: AnyLink Drop Down JS v 2.2

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pmenuindex.htm

3) Describe problem: Hi - I have added the Anylink JS Drop Down menu 2.2 to my site and i thought the bug which would not allow IE to fire the drop down was fixed. Either I still have the old files although I downloaded the files again to get the updated ones. However while the drop Dowm works perfectly well in Chrome, I cannot get it to work in IE. Help please.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

That only applies to a frame page. Are you using frames?

In any case:

Please post a link to a page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

No I am not using frames.
    here is the link to one of the pages om the site. On the archive button i have added the dropdown menu.
    www.israelspokes.com/about_us.html
    thanks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

OK, it's not working in a number of browsers, not just IE. The page is pretty quirky. I found that by moving the link outside of the button, it worked:

Code:
    <a href="" class="menuanchorclass" rel="archiveEN"><button style="background-color:transparent ;width:75;height:23;cursor:pointer"> <b><FONT SIZE="1" COLOR="#c23a01" face=verdana>Archives</FONT></b>

</button></a>
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thanks John, Now it seems to work with the link outside of the button.
    Next question. The page is dual language. Hebrew is RTL. How can i cause the hebrew script in the drop down menu to start from the right of the drop down box?
    thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries

If you mean position, it does. However, if there isn't enough room to the right, it will be forced to the left.

If you mean the direction of the text contained within it, give the parent node a style:

Code:
    direction: rtl;
    Ex:

Code:
    <li><a href="http://www.israelspokes.com/ridereports.html" target="" style="direction: rtl;">רכיבות</a></li>
    - John

Thanks

Hi John
    Hebrew text begins from the right. Even with the class=direction:RTL it still does not force the Hebrew word to align to the right of the menu box. Can this be done?
    thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries

class=direction:RTL
    is meaningless, try my suggestion:

Code:
    <li><a href="http://www.israelspokes.com/ridereports.html" target="" style="direction: rtl;">רכיבות</a></li>
    - John

Thanks

tried this and still does not achieve anything. I am trying to align the hebrew words to the right side of the drop down box.
    thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I really don't understand what you are after. I don't read Hebrew so couldn't know if the direction of the text is already OK, which I'm guessing it is. If so, then all you need is to align the drop down to the right of the trigger.

If that's the case, it already is. Except if there isn't enough room to the right. In which case it will be forced to align to the left.

But, I'm thinking there might be some other issue. If so, please be as precise as possible in describing it.
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 05-29-2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: might be other issue . . .
    - John