Thread: How to make style sheet random switcher selection apply to entire site?

Thanks

Default How to make style sheet random switcher selection apply to entire site?

1) Script Title: Style Sheet Switcher (v1.1)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...etswitcher.htm

3) Describe problem: How do I make the random style sheet selection on the homepage then apply to each internal page? That way each internal page will use the same randomly selected style sheet that was selected for the home page.
    Last edited by printman55; 05-25-2010 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Resolved

Thanks
    Thanked 3,192 Times in 3,155 Posts
    Blog Entries

I may be missing something, but it looks to me as though it does. You must associate the script and sheets with each page by installing them on each page though. Just make sure that the path to the script and to each sheet is correct on each page.

If you want more help:

Please post a link to a page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jscheuer1 For This Useful Post:

printman55 (05-25-2010)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hmm the cookie used by the script is already site wide, so it should work the way you requested already. However, it will treat "www.mysite.com" and "mysite.com" as separately, as they are considered different domains in JavaScript.

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.
    DD Admin

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ddadmin For This Useful Post:

printman55 (05-25-2010)

Thanks

I have not constructed the site as yet. I am still in the planning process. I wanted to make sure that what I wanted to do would work. So I will go ahead and if I run into issues I will create a new post. Thanks again.