Thread: Music on site

Thanks

Default Music on site

Can someone help a Great Grandmother with a script.
    I have a music website that was built in frames so it could play continuous music but now want to get it out of the frames.
    I have a tiny flash player(with controls) in a table on it's own html page. It only plays one piece of music. But I need an unusual popup script which I can't seem to find.
    I want the tiny player (75 x 30) to popup on it's own without all the window (chrome?) surrounding it.
    I want it to be in either the top or bottom left corner.
    I would also like it to popup on load but turn off when I go to a particular page that I have a sound video on and then turn off completely when they leave the domain. It is a music site and my audience actually likes the music.
    Can some one please write a script like this for me and how do I get around popup blockers.
    Or is there any other method?

Thanks

Hi Rugrotts
    Maybe it is something like this you want. it can be made smaller without the text and with a smaller player. I think it is difficult to block without disabling javascript.

Thanks

Here is the absolute smallest popup musicplayer i could make. This one has a fixed position so it will still be visible if you scroll down the page.

Oh i forgot to say. These players will only play as long as you are on the same page as the player, so in this sense it might not be the kind of popup you need, i don't know.
    Last edited by azoomer; 05-23-2010 at 06:02 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

not what you're asking for, but it could be a solution: css-tricks screencast

He lets the music play continuously by simply have all the content on one page (so the player is never interrupted by a page load). He's also done it via ajax (remotely loading the content from external pages). Involved, but really cool.

Thanks

Hi
    These are all similar to what I want but I have the music player embed in a htm page of it's own. Here is my code.

Code:
    <body>

<table border="0" width="75" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" height="30">
    	<tr>
    		<td align="center" valign="bottom"><font style="font-size: 2pt">&nbsp;<script type="text/javascript" src="Player/swfobject.js"></script>

</font>

<div id="flashPlayer" style="width: 75px; height: 30px"></div>
    <script type="text/javascript">
       var so = new SWFObject("player/PlayerLoopMini.swf", "player", "75", "30", "7", "#FFFFFF");
       so.addVariable("autoPlay", "yes");
       so.addVariable("soundPath", "player/popcorn.swf");
       so.write("flashPlayer");
    </script>
    </td>
    	</tr>
    </table>

</body>
    I need to be able to call this player up into my index page , preferably bottom left and then stay in place while I go from page to page.
    Has anyone any idea how to do this?
    Thanks