Thread: Issue with Fade-in Slideshow

Thanks

Question Issue with Fade-in Slideshow

I have been trying to build a website, using photoshop slices, and dreamweaver. I came across the Ultimate Fade-in Slideshow, and found it perfect for what I needed.

I work on a mac, and thus created my site on a mac. I finished one page (the one containing the slideshow), and decided to test it a little bit. I moved all the files over to a PC and attempted to use it in IE but the slideshow just showed up as a blank hole.

It works fine on a Mac in Safari and Firefox, has one small glitch in Opera that doesn't pertain to the slideshow. But doesn't even think of doing anything in Firefox or IE on a PC.

I also decided to just build it in a PC environment, but its still fails to work.

Any idea's whats wrong with it?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Please post about Dynamic Drive Scripts in the Dynamic Drive Scripts Help section here where I've moved this thread, and:

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script(s) in question in your post. See this thread for the proper posting format when asking a question.

I'm assuming you are using the current 2.1 version of the script. In IE, a missing image could cause that, as could a syntax error (extra comma(s) in the on page configuration). But neither of these would be a problem for Firefox.

The easiest way to diagnose the problem would be for you to upload a demo of it somewhere on the web and post a link to it here:

Please post a link to a page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

It can be an orphan page, it just needs to demonstrate the problem.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate