Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: light on/off button thingy..

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kobo1d View Post
    hmm you're right.. if i try your "new" code it also works for me...
    it seems to be another reason then.. or maybe a combination of a few things...
    I'm pretty sure it's z-index. And it sounds as though that is being affected by other styles that apply when you put the off/on button in one of your divisions. It could be something else, or z-index in combination with other things. The order of the scripts shouldn't matter unless you are using more than one jQuery version and/or have the main jQuery script associated with the page more than once. If one of your other scripts does something to all images, or something that affects all divisions, things like that - there could be issues there. Basically if your other styles and/or scripts select any of the elements used in the off/on script, problems could arise from that.

Like I said before, to be sure I'd need to see the page. The way you are describing it though, it sounds like a nightmare. In most cases that just means it might take me a little longer to spot the problem(s).
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jscheuer1 For This Useful Post:

kobo1d (05-10-2010)

Thanks

hey john!

just letting you know that i found the problem last week..
    like u saied it was z-index....

i had the img inside a warp-div which had 'z-index:1;' inside my css...
    i just commented it out and now it works

and its not even a problem because the warp-div was on layer 1 and
    if i just let it out its automatically behind every other stuff i gave z-index to...

thanx for the kind support and a sunny week i wish to ya ;-)

Thanks

Hello everyone!

sry for pushing this topic up with almost a year... but i have a small doubt...

i implemented this code to turn on/off lights into my game site, however to some games it does not work, and i don't know why... i was wondering if you could take a look at least these 2 examples, one that works and other that doesn't.

ok- http://www.wakenplay.com/bubbles/
    not ok - http://www.wakenplay.com/hasee-bounce/

there are others that do not work... i tried to find some reason for that, but i found nothing..

best regards and tks in advance!
    Ricardo

Thanks
    Blog Entries

both examples worked when I tried them. Are your troubles specific to a browser (e.g., I.E.) or another script (it might be a naming conflict)?

Thanks

that is strange... i just tried with ie mozila and chormme... in non of them the second example works... :S

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I don't know. I haven't tried on IE, but chrome 10, Fx 3.6, and Opera 11. I run Linux (Ubuntu/Lucid).

Google ads are throwing some errors, though, such as "Error: Permission denied for <http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net> to call method Location.toString" ...that might affect things on an intermittent basis (or lead to browser- or OS-specific problems).