Thread: html5 video

Thanks

Default html5 video

so it looks like safari will play h.264 or .mp4 video format but FF will only play .ogv files without flash.
    HTML Code:
     <video> 
        <source src="assets/dizzy.mp4" /> 
        <source src="assets/dizzy.ogv" /> 
      </video> 
    cananyone suggest the most direct way to convert mp4 files to ogv format please

Thanks

Google "flv to ogv converter".
    However, be warned that it won't be easy to find a program for free. You might find one, but flv is hard to work with and not supported by most programs so your choices will be limited. And OGG is VERY rarely supported overall. You might be able to convert to a middle format then get it to ogv.

This isn't yet a good option, really. Use flash or an embedded plugin like quicktime until the standards of HTML5 are worked out and you can actually use this with one format. For now it's just asking for trouble, I think. (Of course I think it's a great idea if there is finally a cross-browser way to play video/audio, but it's not yet ready so we must wait a little longer.)
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

thanks for the reply, im not using flv however. this conversation was to avoid any flash elements.

Thanks

Oh, sorry. I misread the above info. The same goes for ogg-- not supported well at all. mp4 is fairly well supported by programs that use quicktime and perhaps a bit more. But it's not "easy" to work with-- somewhere in the middle. And mp4 can be protected (I believe) so it might be hard if you didn't create all the files.
    So same as I said above, but .mp4 is easier to work with than .flv. Not sure why I misread that earlier. Hope this helps.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

HTML Code:
    <object data="assets/dizzy.mp4" type="video/mpeg" width="320" height="255">
      <param name="src" value="assets/dizzy.mp4">
      <param name="autoplay" value="false">
      <param name="autoStart" value="0">
      alt : <a href="assets/dizzy.mp4">assets/dizzy.mp4</a>
    </object>
    {CWoT - Riddle } {Freelance Copywriter} {Learn to Write}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @InkingHubris
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djr33 View Post
    Google "flv to ogv converter".
    However, be warned that it won't be easy to find a program for free. You might find one, but flv is hard to work with and not supported by most programs so your choices will be limited. And OGG is VERY rarely supported overall. You might be able to convert to a middle format then get it to ogv.

This isn't yet a good option, really. Use flash or an embedded plugin like quicktime until the standards of HTML5 are worked out and you can actually use this with one format. For now it's just asking for trouble, I think. (Of course I think it's a great idea if there is finally a cross-browser way to play video/audio, but it's not yet ready so we must wait a little longer.)
    The video and other associated 'media' tags, are far from being complete. They're being updated and discussed within the whatwg and w3c working groups.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BLiZZaRD View Post
    HTML Code:
    <object data="assets/dizzy.mp4" type="video/mpeg" width="320" height="255">
      <param name="src" value="assets/dizzy.mp4">
      <param name="autoplay" value="false">
      <param name="autoStart" value="0">
      alt : <a href="assets/dizzy.mp4">assets/dizzy.mp4</a>
    </object>
    Thanks.

Thanks

Default html5 video

Hi
    I read your class and you have done a very nice job. Tank you so much for sharing HTML class05.
    I learn lot of things of HTML from this class.

Thanks

you done very good job. i also learn HTML like you.

Thanks

eRightsoft - "Super" can and will convert every audio/video format to any new audio/video format. I use it for all of the video converting I do.

It's super powerful and the cool thing is, it's free.