Thread: Two New Issues

Thanks

Default Two New Issues

i have re-designed my website and i have two issues that need attention..one is regarding the pop-it menu script...this one i think should be addressed by jschuer since your the one who rewrote the script for me...as of now, the menu's open up exactly where they should have on the old site, but with my new layout, i need them to open right below the new buttons and i cant figure out which part of the html i need to alter..heres a visual > http://www.ikonmusic.net

the second issue is with the DOM image rollover script using the hsrc code...the script html is in the head, and the onload:init; is in the <body> as should be...but the script is not working..right now all the buttons along the top should be image rollovers (ie; 'about me' 'mp3 audio', etc) and the buttons that read 'background 1' 'background 2' and 'background 3' should be changing on rollover as welll...am i missing something?

help is appreciated

Thanks

i've also found another problem...looking at the website in IE, the frame loaded images in the iframe titled "ikon3" have a white background,

Code:
    <TD COLSPAN=4 ROWSPAN=5 background="unfamous_12.gif" WIDTH=444 HEIGHT=210 ALT=""> <iframe style="position: relative; left: 0px; top: 0px;" src="http://www.ikonmusic.net/back6.jpg" name="ikon3" bordercolor="#86933E" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" align="middle" frameborder="0" height="210" width="430"> </iframe> </TD>
    even though the allowtransparency is set to true...however in FF it looks fine..

Thanks
    Thanked 3,228 Times in 3,189 Posts
    Blog Entries

On your first question, it is easy enough. Remember, I told you that it was a custom modification for that page only. Here is where I set the height:

Code:
    menuobj.style.top="122px"//ie5? iecompattest().scrollTop+event.clientY+"px" : window.pageYOffset+eventY+"px"
    The only part that means anything is:

Code:
    menuobj.style.top="122px"
    The rest is the old code turned into a comment. Either restore that:

Code:
    menuobj.style.top=ie5? iecompattest().scrollTop+event.clientY+"px" : window.pageYOffset+eventY+"px"
    Or set a new custom height:

Code:
    menuobj.style.top="22px"
    I'm just guessing that 22 will be OK it may need adjustment.

On your other issue, try giving the table cell a background color:

HTML Code:
    <td bgcolor="#717171" . . .>
    or:

HTML Code:
    <td style="background-color:#717171;" . . .>
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

okay got the menus squared away...but the <td background codes didnt fix the problem in IE...any more suggestions?

Thanks

i dont think its the table cell that is showing up without transparency, rather its the iframe since the width/height attributes are bigger then the actual image, but if i change those attributes the image will not be in that exact spot which is where i want it to be

and since the iframe is calling an image instead of a subpage, i cant add the <body background: transparent tag...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, since the iframe is already relatively positioned, you could set it to the size of the images and just reposition it to suit. Provided the images are all the same or close to the same size but, you will probably also need to set the iframe's marginheight="0" and marginwidth="0":

HTML Code:
    <iframe marginheight="0" . . . etc.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

awesome, that marginheight was what i was missing..

now about this question>
    the second issue is with the DOM image rollover script using the hsrc code...the script html is in the head, and the onload:init; is in the <body> as should be...but the script is not working..right now all the buttons along the top should be image rollovers (ie; 'about me' 'mp3 audio', etc) and the buttons that read 'background 1' 'background 2' and 'background 3' should be changing on rollover as welll...am i missing something?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Where you have:

<BODY onload="initbox();init();"swapPic();

since initbox(); cannot find its id'd element 'dropin', it stops. That may be enough to prevent init(); from ever firing. Also, having swapPic(); outside of the quotes is just wrong. It won't be included in the onload events and may even cause them not to fire. Try replacing the above with:

<BODY onload="init();"

As long as there is nothing else wrong with the rollover script and its markup, that will get it working.
    - John

Thanks

thanks that was it