Thread: Captcha Code/Script Required

Thanks

Default Captcha Code/Script Required

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a captcha script or code written in javascript for from submission.
    All i can find is php scripts.

It will be great if someone can help me find one. Or tell if its possible or not....

Also is there a specific name to search for a code which does the following
    "A form is submitted and it sends an email entered in the form and then when that link is clicked the form gets a positive response which means its not a computer generated."
    like in every website where it asks to register and sends an email.
    Please help me with any of these..

Cheers
    Last edited by andysam; 04-20-2010 at 02:42 AM.

Thanks

It is pointless-- the idea is that you store a value on the server that CANNOT be seen (that is-- is not transferred) to the user. Then you verify against that AFTER submission. Additionally, if the 'match' is determined within Javascript, then there is no point because you can get around it with this code:
    var match = 1; //bypass and you NEVER need to do anything, not even cut and paste from the value sent from the server.
    Of course that may vary by 'system', but it's not particularly relevant.

You could use Ajax to dynamically confirm it, but you'd still have the issue of a javascript variable accessible to the user to bypass it. The method here is to verify again upon actual submission.

So, sure, you could make one, but it wouldn't have any real effect (except perhaps tricking the average user enough to enter the code and not realize it's not secure).

Server side code such as PHP operates on the server and is HIDDEN on the server-- it's secure. Without that, there's no way to make the idea of a captcha work out, unfortunately.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

3. The Following User Says Thank You to djr33 For This Useful Post:

andysam (04-20-2010)

Thanks

If you change you're mind & decide to use a server-side captcha, here's a great one:

http://recaptcha.net/

Oh, and if you decide to use AJAX, heres an article introducing it:

http://www.w3schools.com/Ajax/ajax_intro.asp
    Last edited by hmsnacker123; 04-21-2010 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks

Thanks guys......really appreciate that.....Will be looking forward to work on these suggestions...