Advanced Search

Thread: Cannot for the life of me get a mysql connection to remote server in dreamweaver

Thanks

Angry Cannot for the life of me get a mysql connection to remote server in dreamweaver

Ok, I setup iis, php and mysql on a LAN server (server 2003). I can use Navicat to access the mysql databases, make rights changes, add information etc..complete control. I setup php in iis so that I could create a new .php webpage in dreamweaver and it displays without problem....but.....I cannot create a mysql connection in dreamweaver.
    I use the exact same settings as Navicat and it refuses to connect.
    Server 2003 has iis, php, mysql and the inetpub/wwwroot folder
    Dreamweaver on another computer on same LAN, same segment etc. able to save websites, test websites etc, no problems.
    Just unable to link to mysql connection, thats all there is left to do, I can create webpages, but do not have access to the mysql connection

Thanks

can dreamweaver connect to mysql? i use dreamweaver cs4 and have never come across this option. where do i find it?

Thanks

Absolutely, just go to the connections, setup your site with the remote server and then click on the + to add a connection, thats where the issue is, no matter what I put in there I can't get the connection to go through

Thanks

sorry, go to databases, not connections, you can go Window/databases too CTRL-SHFT-F10

Thanks

ok thanx, i will give it a try and let u know what happens

Thanks

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/165/tn_16575.html

Hope this helps, also verify that you have entered all the required information correctly, trust me, i have been debugging scripts for hours and all that was wrong was the mysql info lo.

Thanks

Default Cannot for the life of me get a mysql connection to remote server in dreamweaver

I am trying to program a PHP script to process my contact form. I need to test the script prior to posting to the server. Dreamweaver has a test server listed, However I do not know the specific information to set this up. Can anyone help me?