Thread: Text / Link Help

Thanks

Default Text / Link Help

Hi

Here is my website; http://gamingnetwork.ritchie-brown.co.uk/

It looks fine in a maximized window, however when it's not in a maximized window the Login / Register text won't move with the rest of the website. How do I fix this?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Your CSS declaration:

Code:
    #login {position: absolute; font-family: "Arial", Times, serif; color: #000000; font-size: 13px; font-weight: bold; padding-top: 2px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 890px; padding-right: 0px;}
    The absolute attribute prevents it from being fluid. Change it to fixed, or remove it altogether.
    {CWoT - Riddle } {Freelance Copywriter} {Learn to Write}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @InkingHubris
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

When I did that the text would go above the banner and still wouldn't scroll with the rest of the website.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

An absolute position element is positioned relative to the first parent element that has a position other than static. If no such element is found, the containing block is <html>. Absolutely positioned elements are removed from the normal flow. The document and other elements behave like the absolutely positioned element does not exist.

A relative positioned element is positioned relative to its normal position. The content of a relatively positioned elements can be moved and overlap other elements, but the reserved space for the element is still preserved in the normal flow.

Your choices for positioning are:

absolute
    fixed
    relative
    static
    inherit

Part of the problem is the absolute positioning, if fixed didn't work try relative. Another problem is the div you have the logo in and the dive you have the register link in are 100% width of the page. They are going to keep stretching to 100% even when minimized. The banner is less obvious because it is centered.
    {CWoT - Riddle } {Freelance Copywriter} {Learn to Write}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @InkingHubris
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result