Thread: Documentation Engine?

Thanks

Default Documentation Engine?

Hey All,

I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on a documentation CMS. I'm thinking maybe Mediawiki or Dokuwiki...

My server is a LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, PHP, MySQL).

Thanks,
    X96
    Alex Blackie, X96 Design
    My Website
    I specialize in: HTML5, CSS3, PHP, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, MongoDB, Linux Server Administration

Thanks

After working with mediawiki and trying to get it to work within/for my system, I've got a simple response: it's too complex to modify or in some ways even be useful if you don't need all of that. If you want something very complex or with lots of options, then it's for you. If not, go with something simpler. It also is very slow to load without compression and compression can be hard to setup.
    For exactly what it's intended for (and nothing more/nothing different) it looks like a great piece of software.

I don't know of something else to suggest.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

As it is documentation for a CMS I made, I think I'm going to use my CMS.

I have tried Mediawiki, and think it's a very powerful wiki engine - if you have the time to learn how it works.

Thanks,
    X96
    Alex Blackie, X96 Design
    My Website
    I specialize in: HTML5, CSS3, PHP, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, MongoDB, Linux Server Administration

Thanks

I have tried Mediawiki, and think it's a very powerful wiki engine - if you have the time to learn how it works.
    Exactly. And if you don't, it becomes a problem, at least until you decide to figure it all out.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum