Thread: Of Form Manager and the Positioning of Forms on the Page

Thanks

Default Of Form Manager and the Positioning of Forms on the Page

First off, amazing script. This is going to really help me put together some nice forms.

I have posted my modification of the form on a webpage here:

http://gaduu.com/ajaxTest/testAjaxForm.html

Currently when you select from the different drop downs the form builds itself down the page more and more. So if you select 'Replacement' from the first drop down it appears halfway down the page. etc etc.

Theoretically I want all of the forms to appear right under the selection just chosen. Much like when you select 'Exchange' everything looks fine. How can I make sure all the 'hidden' forms aren't going down the page, but instead appearing just under the selection they depend on?

Thanks again.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

By removing all the presentational <br> tags you've got scattered around. Presentational HTML is (generally) no longer necessary in this day and age. Style the <label>s in your stylesheet appropriately, and their gaps will vanish when they do.

Additionally, you should validate your page (as HTML 4.01 Strict) if you want to expect things to work.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Hi

I have seen many posts asking about validation but have been unable to find a reply. The obvious detail is when a field is hidden, how do you make it not required. It "seems" so simple to the client :

Any ideas. And great script.

Thanks

Default Highlight when

Hi,
    this is really great script. It would be even greater if there is any js validation. I could make the input validation by server script and try to re-write the dependency string parser into PHP. Has anyone tried that?
    I have tried to modify the script to allow new instruction "HIGHLIGHT WHEN..." or even "MANDATORY WHEN" but I am not good in javascript and could not make it working as I will need to make some fields mandatory at some stage.
    Any help would be appreciated. I would share PHP verification script if I get over this issue.

Thanks