Thread: Accordion Menu link to target frame

Thanks

Default Accordion Menu link to target frame

1) Script Title: Glossy Accordion Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...enu-glossy.htm

3) Describe problem: I have "web pages" located on local network, not on internet or on web server. Most of the pages are just in shared directories.
    I've had no problems getting the menu to work on a single page. But I want to have the menu available to users when they switch pages. Putting the menu on each page is not an option since many pages are Word or Excel documents saved as html. I have set up a frames page with this accordion menu in the left frame(ID="navig") and am trying to get the menu links to display content in the right frame(ID="main").

<a class="menuitem" href="Home.html" target="main">HalsteadWeb</a>

This actually works when the browser is Opera, but with both Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox it opens in a new browser window. Is there a way to get IE to target the frame in this situation?
    All the information I found so far leads me to believe it may only be possible when located on a web server. Is there something I've missed?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

The links inside the menu are just regular links, so getting them to target a frame should be the same as you would do with normal links. You may need to get your FRAMEs a name attribute of the same name as you have given its ID attribute.
    DD Admin

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ddadmin For This Useful Post:

JimS (03-19-2010)

Thanks

Thanks,
    The name attribute makes it work. sometimes looking for the complicated answer, over look the simple one.