Thread: Magnify duration not working

Thanks

Thumbs up Magnify duration not working

1) Script Title: magnify image

2) Script URL (on DD): http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/imagemagnify.htm

3) Describe problem: I was thinking that the "duration" attribute was used to say how long the magnified imaged would be displayed. If this is correct, it doesn't seem to work n any browser I try. IE 8, FF latest and Crome.
    Also, it would be real nice to have some text on the magnified image to say, "click here to close" or "close", or even an "X" on the top right. Is that possible? My users were complaining that they could not get the magnified image to go away, they did not think of clicking on it.. dahh...
    Great script. thanks...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The duration has nothing to do with how long the enlarged image will stay on the screen actually, but rather, the duration of the animation. In other words, the time it takes for the thumbnail image when clicked on to transition over to the magnified one.

As far as adding a text when the image is enlarged telling users to click it to close it, sure, try the below modified .js file. It adds such a text that overlays the enlarged image.
    DD Admin

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ddadmin For This Useful Post:

underbar (03-18-2010)

Thanks

Thumbs up

Hi, thanks. Perfect... That did it. Thanks for the very quick reply. Thanks for the explanation of the duration attribute. Nice work...