Advanced Search

Thread: chained select boxes that populate a text box

Thanks

Default chained select boxes that populate a text box

What I am trying to accomplish is a form that contains two select menus, Menu A and Menu B, as well as a Text Box.

Menu A will contain a list of states, when a state is chosen I want Menu B to populate with a list of cities in that state. After a City is selected in Menu B i want the Text Box to populate with information pertaining to the city.

So far the only codes I have found were either to chain the two Menus together or to chain a Menu to a Text Box.

I could really use some help on this, even if you could point me towards a site with something like this already going on.

I would like to get it to get the information from an external XML document, but as of right now I just want it to work!

I thank you all in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 3,098 Posts
    Blog Entries

The author is no longer a regular here (he does check in from time to time) and his site is either down or moved, but this script should be able to do most if not all of what you want:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...dependency.htm
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

I do not see how this code ca help me populate a text box with information based off of he selections made. Also, the select menus I am working with will be pull down.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 3,098 Posts
    Blog Entries

t s y istake hen.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate