Thread: Flex Level Drop Down Menu v1.1

Thanks

Default Flex Level Drop Down Menu v1.1

1) Flex Level Drop Down Menu v1.1

2) http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...exdropdown.htm

3) Is it possible to create a mirror image of this menu? I want the entire menu to work from right to left instead of from left to right.

Can this be done?

Thanks to everyone.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Not quite sure what you mean. Are you talking about the location of the drop down menus relative to their anchors, or the text inside the menus? If the former, do you mean so they appear from the right edge of the anchor and towards its left, instead of the current left edge of the anchor and towards its right?
    DD Admin

Thanks

Sorry I wasn't clear. I would like to make everything work from right to left. The first level drop down would be vertical and the second level fly outs would be on the left of that first level. As it is now they all fly to the right of the current drop down. Aligning the text inside is a secondary issue. I don't think that is critical.

I just want to place my link <a id="link1" href="">Dropping left?</a> on the right edge of my page or container and have the menu open to the left.

Thanks for responding.

elgin

Thanks
    Blog Entries

If I understand you correctly, you want the 2nd level sub menus and beyond to always drop to the left of the top level menu, instead of to the right. If so, try finding the below line inside the .js file:

Code:
    			x=(parentlioffset.left+x+$ul.data('dimensions').w > docrightedge)? x-$ul.data('dimensions').parentliw-$ul.data('dimensions').w : x //if not enough horizontal room to the ridge parent LI
    and change that to:

Code:
    			x=x-$ul.data('dimensions').parentliw-$ul.data('dimensions').w
    DD Admin

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ddadmin For This Useful Post:

elgin (03-09-2010)

Thanks

Your solution worked perfectly. The little arrows however forced me to align the text to the right so the arrows could point left.

Thank you so much!