Thread: nooby questions

Thanks

Default nooby questions

hello there ..i'm new to css ,want to ask ,is it when we use the css frame let say css layout with two column ,left column is fixed and the changing is only apply to right column ,so when i put navigation bar at the left column and want to link it respectively to particular content ,where should i link the navigation because when i use frameset in normal html there is a target (so that i can view the content on the right frame)...so when using the css layout ,where is it?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That is not possible with only CSS, you will have to put the navigation on every page* and link between the pages. You could also use AJAX to load a new page in the content area.

Good luck!

*You can use server side includes or a server side language (e.g. PHP) to do this dynamically.

Thanks

frames and div's are completely different. And, frames are completely outdated and not recommended. As Snookerman mentioned, to achieve the same effect where you:

<--click a link here--->

<--and the content displays over here-->

requires some Ajax style coding that enables you to summon just about anything you want into a container element.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...jaxcontent.htm