Advanced Search

Thread: Possible ajax coutndown timer loop

Thanks

Default Possible ajax coutndown timer loop

Hi there,

I am currently in the process to do a fun quiz as a project and require a bit of help/advise. The way I would like the quiz to work is in the following two ways.
    1. A puzzle appears from random in the database (mySQL) and stay on the screen for 10 minutes. Once the 10 minutes are up, a new puzzle appears and the score from the last puzzle is saved.
    2. Every 7 days, you can do a new quiz.

All the puzzle screen and so on is built in PHP

What I require is a script(s) that can do the following
    1. Display on the screen a timer counting down from 10 minutes and once it reaches 0 it calls up a function and also resets the timer back to 10 and restarts the process again.
    2. Displays a timer that last for a specific time based upon an sql query DATETIME field and once the timer reaches this specific time, calls up a function.

No I have looked for countdown timers all over the internet, but all I have found so far are all JavaScript based and doesn't do anything when it reaches the goal time.

PLEASE help!!!
    Regards,
    Jrheeder

P.S. I have little to no knowledge of AJAX and JavaScript(can do basic things with JavaScript) so explanations on have each function/line does would help me learn it as well any help will be appreciated
    Last edited by jrheeder; 02-25-2010 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks

Any1 might have an idea where I might look for such a program?