Advanced Search

Thread: Scroller doesn't show up

Thanks

Default Scroller doesn't show up

1) Script Title: Typing Scroller

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...typescroll.htm

3) Describe problem: I've pasted the typing scroller code on my site, but the text doesn't show up.
    I'm guessing this might be because the background of my website (www.ringsideboxingshow.com) is black, and so is the text.
    If this is the case, can somebody tell me how to change the color of the text?

Thank you.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Change:
    Code:
    document.write('<form name="bannerform">')
    document.write('<input type="text" name="banner" size="'+tscroller_width+'"')
    document.write('  style="background-color: '+document.bgColor+'; color: '+document.body.text+'; font-family: verdana; font-size: '+ts_fontsize+'; font-weight:bold; border: medium none" onfocus="blur()">')
    document.write('</form>')
    \
    To:
    Code:
    document.write('<form name="bannerform">')
    document.write('<input type="text" name="banner" size="'+tscroller_width+'"')
    document.write('  style="background-color: '+document.bgColor+'; color: #fff; font-family: verdana; font-size: '+ts_fontsize+'; font-weight:bold; border: medium none" onfocus="blur()">')
    document.write('</form>')
    Jeremy | jfein.net

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 3,098 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ah, but that's not the real problem. The background color of the 'typer' is white, so the text color should be black and currently is. The script is old though, so you should edit it where Nile says and change the background color there as well to get the background and the text colors to match the rest of the page or to be whatever you want them to be, and to be legible.

However, a real problem is that you have have put the script in your source code twice. This script can only be used once per page. If it is used more than once, none of them will work.

There could also be other problems.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries