Thread: jQuery Drop Line Menu - Set height?

Thanks

Default jQuery Drop Line Menu - Set height?

Hi,

I've been playing around with the drop-line menu found here but I can't seem to change the height.

Now I'm not sure if I'm missing something really obvious (more than likely) or if this menu just doesn't support resizing but if anyone could help me out I'd be very appreciative!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,198 Times in 3,160 Posts
    Blog Entries

Just doesn't support resizing that I can see. I mean you can set top and bottom padding and/or height here:

Code:
    .droplinebar ul{
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    float: left;
    width: 100%;
    font: bold 13px Arial;
    background: #242c54 url(bluedefault.gif) center center repeat-x; /*default background of menu bar*/
    }
    Either of which would increase the menu's height. You would also probably want to add a top margin equal to about half the actual added height here:

Code:
    /* Sub level menus*/
    .droplinebar ul li ul{
    position: absolute;
    z-index: 100;
    left: 0;
    top: 0;
    background: #303c76; /*sub menu background color */
    visibility: hidden;
    }
    But this increases this menu's annoying tendency to get into loops if the cursor is placed in certain spots. This tendency alone would be enough for me to avoid this menu, even at its default height. I'd find another menu.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply, I see what you mean about repetitive loops (thought I'd done something to break it though!).

What other menus would you recommend?