Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to link youtube video to my channel or website

Thanks

I know this is an old thread, but it's the only thing I've found in about an hour of web searching which asks the exact question I want answered.

Unfortunately biomike's solution does not fit what I'm wanting to achieve. It just creates an additional button on the youtube video which can be linked to anything, but if you click the youtube icon or movie it takes you straight to the youtube page.

I need to link instead to my youtube channel. I thought this was going to be simple but perhaps not...

Got any suggestions for me? thanks in advance...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hello rygo,
    It's not difficult provided:
    - you know how to use the version 3 youtube player for embedding videos (this player simply pauses when you click on any part of it except where the youtube logo is);
    - you are able to exactly locate the coordinates of the logo.

The trick, then, is to place a div on top of the logo. A click on it can bring you to whatever page you want (but this is probable against the Youtube TOS).

Here's an example. If you are not able to locate the position of the youtube logo on the page (given an arbitrary video), just tell me. It's not difficult, really.

Example:
    Code:
    Text before video<br>
    <div style="position:relative;top:10px;left:50px;width:600px; height:500px;">
    <object style="position:absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/KfSlccV9Lis?version=3&amp;rel=0&amp;autoplay=1&amp;showinfo=0&amp;start=0&amp;autohide=0&amp;controls=1&amp;probably_logged_in=0">
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KfSlccV9Lis?version=3&amp;rel=0&amp;autoplay=1&amp;showinfo=0&amp;start=0&amp;autohide=0&amp;controls=1&amp;probably_logged_in=0">
    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent">
    <param name="flashvars" value="autoplay=1">
    <param name="allowNetworking" value="all">
    </object>
    </div><br>
    <div style="position:relative;left:570px;margin-top:-40px;width:50px;height:30px;cursor:pointer;background:darkred;opacity:0.5;filter:alpha(opacity=50)" onclick="window.location.href='http://www.dynamicdrive.com'"></div><br>
    Text after video
    ===
    Arie Molendijk.

Thanks

Hi molendijk

Thanks for getting back to me.

I didn't realise there was a version 3 player where a click on the screen just pauses - that's a major improvement, and I appreciate you telling me about it.

I'm trying to get a response from Google to see if there is a way to link to them without breaking the ToS, but not heard back yet, will post here if I do.

I hope that so long as you link to your youtube channel they should have no problem, but they might have other ideas!

I'll experiment with the div code you sent, I'm sure I can set this up okay, but will tell you if I have difficulties.

Thanks again

Rygo

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rygo View Post
    I didn't realise there was a version 3 player where a click on the screen just pauses - that's a major improvement, and I appreciate you telling me about it.
    See also this.
    ===
    Arie.