Thread: report good/ bad and broken link

Thanks

Default report good/ bad and broken link

Hello everybody,,,

I was wandering if anybody have any Idea how to write or where to find script where user can Report good/bad and broken link like this..

http://www.watch-movies-online.tv/movies/edge_of_darkness

thank you
    Last edited by djr33; 02-09-2010 at 11:33 PM. Reason: made url text, not link (so as to not feed it to the googlebot)

Thanks

It's entirely based on the system you are using. Create a database that stores links and then act on the input accordingly: if someone clicks the "broken" link (possibly page.php?item=X&rating=broken), then delete it from the database (or submit to admin to check). You could also stores 'votes' for good and bad then rank the links based on that.

None of these things are individually hard, but together it becomes a little complex and especially within your existing system.

To do this, I suggest finding a database tutorial and taking it slowly/step by step.

If you want to use PHP and MySQL (a common method), look at the tutorial here:
    http://php-mysql-tutorial.com
    Start at the LAST tutorial because they go in reverse order with the newest first-- the last one is the easiest/place to start (it'll be on page two).
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Default thankyou

Thank you very much

I will try it..